[PD] patched-up sources available

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Sun Nov 18 07:27:25 CET 2001

Hi all,

I put in Iohannes's patches, and, with more effort, tried to fold in
the Mac OSX stuff to the original sources... you can get them at

http://crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/Software/pd-0.35-test1.linux.tar.gz

I have one suggestion, which is that I think "block" should really
interpret "2" as upsampling by 2, not downsampling... this would be an
easy change to make but I'm not sure how much pain it will cause those of
you already using sample rate conversion.  I think Iohannes has mostly
been using block to downsample things, but I think when people catch on
to what you can do with upsampling it will catch on.  (sawtooth waves and
FM and waveshaping all ought to be done at 2 or 4 times output sample
rate...!)

If Thomas Musil is game I'd like to replace my number boxes with his and
make one more of his GUI objects (the vertical radio button, or is the the
horizontal) standard.

I think the next thing is for me to try to get abstractions to have a better
mechanism to sprout visible controls.  This will introduce lots of bugs that
will take a few revisions to sort out...

cheers
Miller