[PD] mac - osx experiment

~~~~~~ overt at overlobe.com
Sun Nov 18 07:53:28 CET 2001

Just some feedback on the osx version for whoever's interested.

Yes latency is big, and there are some problems with keystrokes (backspace)
- sometimes I cannot use the keyboard at all (even ctrl-O/W/X/V etc) -
doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason to this - sometimes takes a couple of
restarts. Sometimes opening a patch will 'break' the keyboard input.

reliable.. Ie happens 'sometimes' and not others

As with clicking in the window in locked or ctrl-clicking in edit mode - it
seems to work on messages and atoms sometimes and not others - is this some
thing to do with the latency? (happens with dsp on & off)

The biggest problem for me at the moment is that saving doesn't seem to
work.

I can save an opened .pd patch - say I'm looking at and edit acoustics~.pd

So ctrl-s =
saved to: /Users/myhome/Documents/pd/doc/5.reference/acoustics~.pd

But save as.. From the file menu =

HandleInitialDir
bad directory "/Users/myhome/Documents/pd/doc/5.reference"

Likewise save or crtl-s or save as.. For any new document give the same
response

HandleInitialDir
bad directory "/Users/myhome"

Not that I'm complaining mind you .. It is very cool to have it running at
all. :)