[PD] First draft of soundfont object posted

Larry Troxler lt at westnet.com
Sun Nov 18 15:21:26 CET 2001

Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Larry Troxler hat gesagt: // Larry Troxler wrote:
>
> > Anyone wishing to try out my soundfont object (linux only for now),
> > check out:
>
> One complaint I do have, though. It seems, that iiwu plays
> out of tune. If I send some midi files via a virtual midi
> connection to the help patch, the tuned instruments don't
> sound right. Percussion is fine, though. What could be the
> reason for this?
> --

Well I should have mentioned that I think there may be be some problems
in the iiwu code, or else that different soundfonts aren't always really
compatible. Or something.

I have a piano soundfont (from http://www.wstco.com ) where the levels
are just way too low, and/or the velocity scaling isn't working right.

It would be interesting if you could try what happens using iiwusynth or
iiwuplay (from http://www.iiwu.org ). In my case, I got the same curious
results there.

Really, all I did (except for fixing an initialization bug in iiwu) was
to rewrite the interface from jMAX to PD.

I wrote Peter Hanappe about this, so maybe some enlightenment is on the
way.

Regards

Larry Troxler