[PD] compiling objects

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Sun Nov 18 17:07:38 CET 2001

Hi Yves,

it seems to me that I meet the requirements. Pd opens the dspobj~.dll (i.e.
trying to delete it results in an 'file in use' error) and my
dspobj_tilde_setup is not static. I just took the example included with pd -
no additional changes, just a new makefile for my compiler.

In Alex Burton's paper about writing externals I found something about VC5.0
vs. VC6.0 incompatibility, that's why I guess it could be the compiler. But
recompiling pd with my compiler would then result in an 'alien' pd which would
not be able to open 'usual' externals...

Olaf