[PD] dsp start/stop

Winfried Ritsch ritsch at iem.kug.ac.at
Mon Nov 19 10:37:54 CET 2001

I am a little afraid, since start/stop dsp is used in some of my
patches in sense of 'mute' and realy fast (eg 5 ticks) to let the cpu
(message stack) catch up... so i think if the whole audiocard buffer
has to be filled and emptied, there could be even some clicks on some
soundcards which looses sync or so... so in concert situation its not
a good idea...

My suggestion is to make an additional switch sound on/off:

a) where
sound off  forces dsp stop if not already stopped, and dsp start
forces sound on if not already on.
or
b) sound on/off could is releasing/assigning the audiodevice and dsp
continues running on timer mode (eg. for soundfile output...)

mfg winfried