[PD] Compiling Gem under Linux RedHat 7.1

Martin Dupras martin.dupras at uwe.ac.uk
Wed Nov 21 01:37:52 CET 2001

Hi,

I'm slowly migrating to Linux after using Irix for a few years.

I've got PD working (sort of) and I'm trying to get Gem to work with it.
[Sorry if this is a Gem rather than a PD question.]

I downloaded gem 0.84; I added the libraries it says it needs, and
follow the build instructions. However, when I run the ./configure
script I get the following error:

"configure: error: library gltt not available - run ./makeauxlibs
script"

which is strange considering that I have just installed gltt from an rpm
distribution.

Also, on an only slightly related subject, does anyone have any
experience running a dual-processor machine with Pd and Gem? I would
like to know if anyone knows the best strategy to adopt for kinda
guaranteeing good real-time performance by explicitly attaching
processes to processors.

Many thanks,

- martin