[PD] problems with gem'installation on linux

guenter geiger geiger at epy.co.at
Wed Nov 21 12:42:06 CET 2001

On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, Bastien Baltazar wrote:

> tried /usr/local/lib/pd/externs/Gem.pd_linux and succeeded
> GEM: Mark Danks
> GEM: ver: 0.84-5
> GEM: compiled: Nov 20 2001
> audio I/O stuck... closing audio
>

> 	At the time I create un windows, it returns on std :
>
> error: GEM: Could not open display <I
>
> 		If someone has a idea ...

This is strange. Unde linux the create message to gemwin can have an
argument telling onwhich display the window should be created.
Obviously somehow this argument applied in your case,I can immediately see
if this is a bug in Gem or somewhere else...
Can you try to use "create :0" instead of just create and see what happens
?

If someone else knows what is going on here:
I am using a test "if (s != &s_)" to check if the symbol used as argument
to create should be used or not.

guenter