[PD] more GEM problems under linux

chris clepper cclepper at artic.edu
Wed Nov 21 19:12:43 CET 2001

ok time to add my troubles with GEM and linux:

At 4:51 PM +0100 11/20/01, Bastien Baltazar wrote:
>I tried to add in *.cpp : #include <string.h>
>	And it compiled as well.

i had to do the same thing under redhat 7.1, but when i try to run
gem, i get an error like 'undefined gxx_personality_v.0'.   i think
ld is having some trouble finding libraries.  this seems to be a
problem with the redhat 7.x dists, which seem to be pretty bad all
around for compiling cpp stuff...

my other big problem is getting gem to run on a PowerPC box.  i have
tried a few dists and a g3 tower and powerbook but i get the same
result: whenever i try to open the gemwindow using the 'create'
message pd seg faults.  perhaps there is a ppc specific issue here??

or maybe it is related to this:

At 12:42 PM +0100 11/21/01, guenter geiger wrote:
>Unde linux the create message to gemwin can have an
>argument telling onwhich display the window should be created.
>Obviously somehow this argument applied in your case,I can immediately see
>if this is a bug in Gem or somewhere else...
>Can you try to use "create :0" instead of just create and see what happens
>?

openGL is working fine on each these machines.  so any help with
these two problems would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
cgc