[PD] can't find mistake...

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Sun Nov 25 18:26:17 CET 2001

Hi all,

this is an attempt to find someone who might have a look at the code of
my first (currently non-working) external! It's called shoutcast~ and
for Win only (maybe portable to Linux...)...
It is intended to encode incoming audio to mp3 (using LAME) and send it
to a SHOUTcast or IceCast server (IceCast untested right now). But there
are to problems I can't solve:

1. pd crashes when I try to read data from an internal buffer - I think
I'm just overlooking something, but after working on this for quite a
while I'm somehow blind...

2. my mp3 stream is silent. Encoding works well but on the way from the
inlets to the buffer that gets sent to the encoder something seems to be
missing / not working. It's the same buffer that sometimes crashes pd!

It would be very nice if someone could have a look at my cources....
There was a discussion on this list concerning mp3 streaming with win.
Maybe my external could make life easier: if we can get it to work!

The sources and additional information how things work and what goes
wrong can be downloaded at:
http://www.akustische-kunst.de/puredata/shoutcast~.zip (157k)

Many thanks!

Olaf