[PD] trouble writing external

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Mon Nov 26 12:46:50 CET 2001

Hi Yves,

thank you for porting it to (a real operating system called) Linux.... !

I've fixed the bug causing the clicks (wrong setting for write position
after going from the end of the buffer back to the start and still wrong
conversion from float to short when lame chunk is read from end _and_
start of buffer) and recompiled for Win. Now it works quite well...  and
can be downloaded from
http://www.akustische-kunst.de/puredata/index.html

I know that the buffer size I use is too high. On Win lame requests
different amounts of data to be send to it depending on sampling rate
and bitrate settings. I just chose a buffer size large enough to be on
the save side.

Yves Degoyon schrieb:

> PS : from this external, an mp3 file encoder must be rather
> straightforward,I'll try to do it.

... we just need to write the data returned from lame to a file....

Thank you again for your help!

Olaf