[PD] Compiling Gem under Linux RedHat 7.1

Bastien Baltazar pd at smeuh.org
Tue Nov 27 11:53:42 CET 2001

On Tue, 20 Nov 2001 18:37:52 -0600
Martin Dupras <martin.dupras at uwe.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm slowly migrating to Linux after using Irix for a few years.
>
> I've got PD working (sort of) and I'm trying to get Gem to work with it.
> [Sorry if this is a Gem rather than a PD question.]
>
> I downloaded gem 0.84; I added the libraries it says it needs, and
> follow the build instructions. However, when I run the ./configure
> script I get the following error:
>
> "configure: error: library gltt not available - run ./makeauxlibs
> script"
>
> which is strange considering that I have just installed gltt from an rpm
> distribution.
>
> Also, on an only slightly related subject, does anyone have any
> experience running a dual-processor machine with Pd and Gem? I would
> like to know if anyone knows the best strategy to adopt for kinda
> guaranteeing good real-time performance by explicitly attaching
> processes to processors.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> - martin

	You need to install both gltt library and gltt-devel. On RedHat systems using rpms, you generally need standart library for installing binary, and devel library to compile source (theses one contains header files).

	You can download gltt-devel-2.5-1.i386.rpm at :

ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/contrib/libc6/i386/gltt-devel-2.5-1.i386.rpm

	Goog luck !

--
Bastien Baltazar
bastien at smeuh.org