[PD] c++ wrappers

guenter geiger geiger at epy.co.at
Tue Nov 27 17:57:34 CET 2001

On Mon, 26 Nov 2001, [iso-8859-1] Juha Vehviläinen wrote:

> dear list, Miller,
>
> how about general c++ wrappers for making writing externals
> more clear and simple? Gem (or gemPlus?) seems to have this
> approach, I wonder if others have thought of it. Are there
> efficiency issues?

Well, efficiency in a sense that a wrapper will wrap, meaning one level of
function calls more, beside the fact that virtual functions in C++ are
slower than their "C" counterparts.

But thats not really an issue. The main issue is just who is interested
enough in having a C++ interface to write such a wrapper, or extracts the
existing code from Gem (giving proper credit !), bundles it up, documents
it, maintains it ...

Guenter