[PD] GEM 0.85

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Wed Nov 28 09:35:11 CET 2001

hi list !

since the discussion of the badly documented pix_write annoyed me,
i have just decided to really start my maintainance of GEM and released
a pre-version of GEM-0.85.
you can find it somewhere on ftp://iem.kug.ac.at/pd/Externals/GEM

since i am tired now and don't have access to a windows box right now,
there is only a linux-version available.
the main changes from gem-0.84 are: i added all the functionality that
used to be in GemPlus.
the pix_write object is now rewritten and documented. it supports
writing TIFFs and JPEGs.
JPEGs will be *much* faster (due to the smaller file-size), but of
course, ugly.

the documentation system has been completely reorganized, and now is
similar to that of pd: much more numberings
i therefore suggest that those of you, who want to upgrade, remove the
old help-files (the folders gem_*) to avoid having multiple files with
the same content.

i will finish the reference-patches hopefully soon, compile it on a
winbox and then make a final release for 0.85.

the new homepage of GEM will be hosted at http://iem.kug.ac.at/GEM
unfortunately i have found no time, to make this yet.

mfg.csa.rsa
IOhannes

ftp://iem.kug.ac.at/pd/Externals/GEM/LINUX/gem-linux-0.85PRE1.tgz