[PD] re-synchronized with Iohannes patches and fixed bugs (0.35 test5)

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Fri Nov 30 20:09:49 CET 2001

hi,

-noadc problem is gone, and resampling works great!

What bothers me now, is that among the new sources I found g_numbox.c
(not merged yet).  Is this one going to replace number box we currently
have?  I hope not...

Anyway, I checked [my_numbox] aka [nbx] (compiled as an external) and
found it to be very useful -- especially the ability to have it really
big and in colors.  Also log-scale feature is nice, but I think it needs
to be adjusted to work better if used as a `fader' connected to [*~ 0]
(replacing [gatom]->[dbtopow]).  I mean, when tracking mouse movements,
it better be more mouse-friendly and use pow(10,0.1) as a base, i.e.
1.25892541179, instead of current radix 1.01.

Another problem is hardcoding of a default font size to 10pt, instead of
consulting a canvas with canvas_getfont(canvas_getcurrent()) call in
creation routine (making this right means also calculating a height value,
instead of using hardcoded default of 12 pixels).

There is no auto-resizing and no alt-click (at least alt-click can easily
be borrowed from gatom code).

There is also a small bug in my_numbox_list().  Arrow-movement, as it
seems, applies to a `ghost' object, or, strictly speaking, there is no
attempt made to redraw the object (the `l' flag variable handling should
be corrected).

Btw. why do we need all those class creators for gui objects?  After all
there is only _one_ namespace for internals, externals and abstractions.
We have now: bng, hsl, hslider, hdl, rdb, radiobut, radiobutton, tgl,
toggle, cnv, my_canvas, vsl, vslider, vu, and many more comming.  They
are stored with short names in patch files, so what is the purpose of the
longer names?  Moreover, virtually nobody types them in, but rather uses
menu/shortcuts to put them on a page.

Krzysztof

Miller Puckette wrote:
> I re-merged Iohannes's changes, found the "-noadc" problem with ALSA,
> and fixed the netreceive object to handle UDP correctly... it's on
> changes people have proposed together.  The interesting stuff I want to
> add for 0.35 comes later...

... and the suspense grows :)