[PD] ugly font hack

marco trevisani marco at ccrma.stanford.edu
Sat Dec 1 16:10:26 CET 2001

Ijust got a laptop and i see your point.
It would be nice, a part for the usual font size in .pdrc, if it would be
possible to set the general fonts in the same .pdrc, something like

-setfont --helvetica-*-*-* etc.... or simply 7x13 etc...

is that too complicate, well better said, too irrilevant? :-)

	marco

On  Friday, 30 November 2001 18:27:42 pix wrote:
>    speaking of fonts,
>       incase anyone is interested, i run this perl one-liner on the u_main.tk
>    file in the pd sources before installing to turn all of the font
>    references into a space-efficient and clean-looking (at least on my
>    (linux) machine) "fixed"...
>       nice for laptop usage where pixels are better used for something other
>    than serifs
>       (need i say, backup first - no regexp is watertight)
>       perl -pi -e 's/-[*%a-z0-9-]*\*[*%a-z0-9-]*/fixed/' u_main.tk
>       obviously, after doing this, the font-selection dialogues become
> useless.
>       there's nothing stopping you from using this to set all the fonts to
> some
>    other name.
>       pix.

      marco trevisani   (to get the real email address take out "__")
email________________:  m__arco at ccrma.sta__nford.edu
Web________________:  http://trevisani.mine.nu	      DeMuDi -- Debian
Multimedia Distribution 	 demudi email_________:
m__arco at dem__udi.org              demudi web__________: