[PD] Timing the message processing?

marius schebella marius.schebella at chello.at
Sun Dec 2 10:06:32 CET 2001

hi
i once tried to figure out how much cpu load one single tilde-object is
using. i put 100 (or 1000?) in a patch to be able to measure the value...)
maybe the only way to measure the time of a messageprocess is to put 100 in
a line (which hopefully takes longer than the DSP deadline), and then you
could use a realtime-object to measure.
but is it maybe useful for you to start each message process with a new DSP
block, eg. to put a delay 0 object at the beginning of the message-line wich
prevents an incoming event to intermit too late?
marius.