[PD] window managers and keybindings

Miha Tomšič miha.tomsic at guest.arnes.si
Mon Dec 3 00:29:45 CET 2001

	Hello!

On Sun, 2 Dec 2001, chris clepper wrote:
> is the alt-gr specific to german language keyboards?  i recently had
> to use pd on a deutch system and relearn lots of key combos, and
> remember that extra alt key.  @ is shift+2 in the states.

No, AltGr is specific for all international languages that include some
sort of accents. AltGr + <accent key> and then <latin1 key>. <accent keys>
are usually the top (number) row.
AltGr is also used for accessing the EUR and other international currency
symbols.

On slovenian keyboard AltGr is used for accessing []{}|\@ because their
usual places are taken by national (Latin2) characters.

I myself prefer US keyboard because '/' is left of the right shift key. :)
But I am using AltGr to access national characters. But I am making a
great use of special "Win" and "Menu" keys in fvwm2. The "Win" key is for
moving/resizing of windows and "Menu"+<arrow key> is great for moving
around the virtual desktop.

	Miha...

 - Miha Tomšič --- C. na postajo 55 -- SI-1351 Brezovica pri Lj. --- SLOVENIA -