[PD] -alsadev

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Mon Dec 3 05:38:39 CET 2001

I think Pd only deals with one ALSA device at a time (there's multi-device
support by Iohannes in the OSS code though.)

Perhaps ALSA allows you to emulate OSS for two devices, but historically
they've only been willing to emulate one OSS 2-channel device.

It would be nice if Pd could open multiple ALSA devices in the way that
the Iohannes patch allows for OSS, but ALSA is still such a moving target
that it doesn't seem worth trying to do anything complicated with it yet.

cheers
Miller