[PD] re-synchronized with Iohannes patches and fixed bugs (0.35 test5)

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Mon Dec 3 16:52:02 CET 2001

hi,

first of all, I do like [nbx] and do see its usefulness.  But there are
few concerns:

1. Dangers of having hidden send/receive in a core object class.

2. Compatibility across releases (is the parameter set of [nbx] ready
to be freezed?).

3. Portability across environments (mainly font issues).

4. Adjustability to other gui frontends (well, parting from tcl/tk
seems more and more improbable, anyway...)

If they are somehow addressed, then we will have another nice tool.

Btw. performance is not an issue -- or, rather, [nbx] should perform
better, because update requests for gatom are passed through a lot
of generic text object routines, much too many to be efficient.

Krzysztof