[PD][Gem] effecTV

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Thu Dec 6 14:33:53 CET 2001

hi list, hi ulrich

since i didn't get your mail on effecTV, i am a little bit delayed.

the simple answer is:
NO, i am not going to incorporate effecTV into Gem.
this is due to 2 major reasons (after having had a short look at their
homepage):
1.) effecTV only supports intel and PlayStation-2; i would not like Gem
to be reduced to these platforms (well, to intel; i would be glad, if i
could get a ps2-port....)
2.) effecTV is only supported under linux. i would hate to either
abandon one of the alternative platforms (windos), or to have again to
different branches of gem with  different objects on different
platforms.  indeed, my main aim is to synchronize all systen-dependent
parts of gem.
on the other hand, it should somehow be possible to write externals for
gem (don't ask me right now, how to compile them), which could use the
Gem-framework but be be platform-dependent (like effecTV, aalib,...)

the more complex answer is:
YES, i will have a look at the code, and try to incorporate portable
parts of the effecTV-code into gem. so we will get more pixel_fx in the
future.

mfg.c.asdr
IOhannes