[PD] Xserver chrashes with Gem

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Mon Dec 10 21:49:08 CET 2001

Bastien Baltazar wrote:

>         I put the Gforce in the my other PC. Now, Gem crashe pd as each time I destroy a windows, but now, Xfree doesnt crash.
>         Maybe it's Xfree86's version : 4.01 keep cool and 4.1 crash. In this case only, of course.
>
>                 ????
>
>         I will try with the next release of Xfree.

hi baltazar, hi list !

having access to the net with my personal machine right now, i tried to
upgrade nvidia's drivers to 1.0.2313.
gues what it did: crashed the X-server when closing the Gem-window.
downgrading to the 1.0.1541 drivers removed this problem.
i have not (yet ?) tested, whether other applications crash too (but i
guess not) and why gem does not like the new ones.

anyhow, downgrading seems to be save (the 2313-drivers did make it into
the unstable release of debian, but not yet into the testing release
(where the 1541 drivers remain; i guess this has some reason)

mfg.cas.asr
IOhannes