[PD] It really works!

Michael Edwards michael.edwards at utanet.at
Tue Dec 11 11:55:49 CET 2001

Last Friday I performed a piece of mine for bass clarinet and computer
at ZKM in Karlsruhe, Germany.  I used PD on Linux for the diffusion of
computer and clarinet sounds, mixing and diffusing live from 12 audio
channels plus 2 line (mike) in to 8 output channels (used the Hammerfall
card).

In the whole development process, PD didn't crash either itself or my
system a single time.  I found it completely reliable to use and was
fully confident with the environment when shunting sounds all over the
place in real time during the concert

I'd therefore like to thank all those involved in the development of PD
for making this possible.  In particular Miller Puckette, of course,
Johannes Zmoelnig for Zexy (I used the limiter/compressor objects),
Thomas Musil for the IEMLIB GUI, and Guenter Geiger for the Hammerfall
driver.

BTW, anyone using PD with Linux and the new RME PCMCIA Card on a
Laptop?  I'd be interested in that combination some time soon.

Thanks again,

     Michael Edwards

   Michael Edwards                Tel:    Office: +43 (0)662 6198-5125
   Universitaet Mozarteum                   Home: +43 (0)662 844462
   Fuerbergstrasse 18-20                  Mobile: +43 (0)699 11 686 441
   A-5020 Salzburg              Email:    mailto:m at michael-edwards.org
   Austria                        Web:    http://www.michael-edwards.org