[PD] [announce] mp3write~ available for linux

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Wed Dec 12 03:00:09 CET 2001

Hi Yves, hi all,

today it takes a bit longer to make a port to NT...

I have difficulties to get clean sound in the mp3 file. In the last few
days I also tried to port sfwrite~ with similar results. When viewed in
a wave editor a sinewave has ugly 'peaks' or 'clicks' at what seems to
be an interval of about 12 ms or multiples of it. But it does not occur
every 12 ms!

Has anybody managed to get file access via/from externals on windows
platforms to work? I've tried fwrite() and _write() and both seem to
produce the same artefacts.

thanks,

Olaf