[PD] [announce] mp3write~ available for linux

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Wed Dec 12 20:35:43 CET 2001

guenter geiger schrieb:

> There is some truth in that, sfread is really a unix only external,
> well both of them (sfread and sfwrite) came into existance when there
> was no readsf and writesf. A great solution would be to extend readsf
> in order to be pitchable

...an even greater solution would be to port readsf (and writesf) to NT,
or is there anything I am missing?

The only way to deal with audio files on NT at the moment is
'soundfiler'. But since it needs audio data in an array there's no way to
use it in realtime.
I know that my NT ports of sfread~ and sfwrite~ are not exactly what they
are on unix but they are a step to easier audio file handling on NT.

Please correct me in case there is an object or external that already
does these things.

Olaf