[PD] tcl/tk8.3 annoyance

Ian Knopke knopke at improv.music.mcgill.ca
Wed Dec 12 22:12:38 CET 2001

bug report:

I'm compiling pd_034_4 on a debian woody(unstable) distribution with a
2.4.5 kernel.  This depends on the tcl8.3 package. When compiling I got
errors with the t_tk.h and t_tkcmd.h packages. I had to change the
includes to also include the proper directory in /usr/include.
Specifically I changed the line

#include "tk.h"

#include "tcl8.3/tk.h"
#include "tcl8.3/tcl.h"

in both the t_main.c and t_tkcmd.c files. This compiled fine.

The fix in the documentation, of creating a symbolic link to the
libtk8.3.so, libtcl8.3.so libraries didn't work for me.

Has anyone else had experience with this?

Ian Knopke
Phd Music Technology
McGill Faculty of Music