[PD] joystick

Frank Barknecht barknech at ph-cip.uni-koeln.de
Fri Dec 14 09:07:03 CET 2001

_-¯-_ hat gesagt: // _-¯-_ wrote:

> just got a SAITEK P750 pc gamepad/joystick which i connect via USB.
> this thing got 12 buttons.
> jstest /dev/js0 on the console, when X is NOT running works very
> fine i.e. all the values are coming in with the correct identifiers.
>
> as soon as i start X and (try with joystick object from ggee)
> i only get 3 or 4 distinct buttons, all other events are lost.
>
> unfortunately also mambo.peabody seems to be down for an alternate
> joystick object.

Does jstest work under X then? If not, I doubt that another joystick
object for PD will bring better results. I have my 8-button gamepad
working okay under X/PD with ggee, so I think ggee is not the problem.

> anyhow, it seems to me that X is more of the problem than pd, but docs
> on how to configure the joystick in XF86Config seems really sparse ..

What X version are you running and is there any joystick configuration
in you XF86Config[-4]? If there is, try to remove all joystick stuff
from the X configuration InputDevice section. The linux joystick modules
alone should work under X and with PD, too.

bye,
--
                                                 __    __
 Frank Barknecht       ____ ______   ____ __ trip\ \  / /wire ______