[PD] oss not working full duplex

Frank Barknecht barknech at ph-cip.uni-koeln.de
Fri Dec 21 09:08:14 CET 2001

Michal Seta hat gesagt: // Michal Seta wrote:

> I've got PCI128 and I can't really recall the issues with oss but
> I believe you need to buy their commercial package to have
> full duplex.  I've been running alsa in oss emulation mode and
> that works fine.  Just make sure you get the latest alsa version
> (at least 0.9.0beta7, well that's what I have) because the
> earlier had a bug and would break into this annoying digital
> noise loop after running audio for some time.

But why are you and Yves// running PD with ALSA's OSS emulation? I'm
running native PD-ALSA here, and it works very well. I thought, native ALSA
should even be better latency-wise than running through the emulation.

Just wondering,
--
                                                 __    __
 Frank Barknecht       ____ ______   ____ __ trip\ \  / /wire ______