[PD] Arrays of arrays?

marius schebella marius.schebella at chello.at
Sun Dec 23 11:01:31 CET 2001

hi
hope, i can help u again, array and table is similar, table does never (?)
store the data, an array can do.
there are several ways to load data into an array.
use the soundfiler-object to read a file.
or use the objects "tabwrite~" and "tabsend~" to stream into an array.
(tabwrite~ fills the filles the whole array with samples, tabsend~ only
sends one vector of samples (64 default) but continuously...
as soon as there is data in an array, you can also read out the data from
any position in any speed, time or direction you want.
to "play" a table either use "tabplay~" or "tabread4~" in connection with
"phasor~" or "line~"
the output of phasor has to be multiplicated with the size (number) of the
array and then be connected to the inlet of tabread~
(phasor outputs values from 0 to 1, the frequency of the phasor adjusts the
tempo, in which the arraydata is read, use low frequencies)
the line~ object can be fed with a message like "0, 44100 1000" (=go to
zero, komma, go to the value 44100 in 1000 milliseconds).
marius.