[PD] Arrays of arrays?

pix pix at test.at
Sun Dec 23 12:47:33 CET 2001

table is just a handy object for making an array appear in a subpatch,
rather than cluttering up your main window.

if you want to store anything other than a float in an array, you need to
use templates. making an array of arrays definitely falls into this
category. but, apparently miller is making some big changes to this part
of pd (constantly?).

but even then, i'm not sure if you would be able to easily write to a
template-like array (which is i think is a very different animal to a
"normal" array).

how many different arrays do you need? if it's a manageable upper limit,
you might be able to just build the arrays statically (because without the
template stuff, this is really the way that pd has to work - atleast
without selfmod hacks). switching between them could be tricky tho (i'm
not sure if tabread4~ can take a "set" argument to change the source
table).