[PD] Arrays of arrays?

Joseph Zitt jzitt at metatronpress.com
Mon Dec 24 04:51:06 CET 2001

OK, this is getting clearer...

I'm curious about the "table" objects such as

#X obj 285 138 table 2-samp;

that appear to float alone on the screen, though they are drawn with
an inlet and an outlet. In digging around, I don't see help or
documentation on the object, and I don't see what the inlet and outlet
are for.

Ideally, I would hope that they could take an input value and create a
table on the fly, with something like "table $1-table". I'd also like
to see what they send as output, but nothing that I've tried attaching
to the output (number, symbol, or print objects)has revealed what it's
sending.

I'm also occasionally getting on the console screen "Consistency check
failed: tabwrite_tilde_tick". Any idea what this is and if I should
worry?

--
|> ~The only thing that is not art is inattention~ --- Marcel Duchamp <|
| jzitt at metatronpress.com           http://www.metatronpress.com/jzitt |