[PD] adc~ failing?

Joseph Zitt jzitt at metatronpress.com
Tue Dec 25 05:22:13 CET 2001

I seem to be stepping into all the weird stuff here...

For the past few hours, I can't seem to get any input via adc~, in places
where it worked before and in test patches. The input works OK in the
GNOME sound recorder (and I've also booted into Windoze and confirmed
that it works there), but nothing seems to come in via adc~ objects in
PD. Hooking it through snapshot~ into a VU meter and number box (adapting
the test patch in 5.reference/snapshot~.pd ) I get no result from input,
just the same low-level noise that I see when I'm not sounding.

I may have missed something again...

(The more I work with PD and like it, the more I wish there was a solid
manual for it. If I could afford it, I'd immerse myself in the software
and write one from the existing sources and what I learn...)

--
|> ~The only thing that is not art is inattention~ --- Marcel Duchamp <|
| jzitt at metatronpress.com           http://www.metatronpress.com/jzitt |