[PD] adc~, pasting, and documentation

Joseph Zitt jzitt at metatronpress.com
Wed Dec 26 06:51:52 CET 2001

Replying to myself again:

While I haven't gotten the broken patches working, I managed to recreate
them piece by piece in new patches, doing some copying and pasting and
some typing from scratch. (

One thing that I found confused me in copying and pasting is that I
expected the pasted objects to appear at the mouse pointer location,
rather than at the same ccordinates as in the window from which they
were copied. While I could see the reason for this from a programming
standpoint, I found it to be a problem, since quite often the paste
happened outside the visible window. When that happened, until I
caught on to what was happening, I sometimes pasted multiple copies,
thinking that the first paste didn't work.)

Another thought: is there a listing anywhere of the characteristics of
externals and other objects, showing the inlets, outlets, and global
variables used in them? I'm envisioning something like:

 inlet 1: signal: audio signal
 inlet 2: signal: audio signal
 inlet 3: number: mix amount
                  values:  0: left signal only
                         100: right signal only
outlet 1: signal: blended signal
variable: number: foo_master: determines global level of bogosity

It would be good to have this info in something like the Pure Data
Base. If no such collection exists, I could work on pulling together
something like it over time as I learn PD (maybe in dull moments while
I'm on tour over the next two months). ("cause I'm a tech writer, and
I like collecting and writing up this kind of stuff :-] )

--
|> ~The only thing that is not art is inattention~ --- Marcel Duchamp <|
| jzitt at metatronpress.com           http://www.metatronpress.com/jzitt |