[PD] gem (4lin) lib fails on load

/dmotd: dmot^d at mailandnews.com
Thu Dec 27 05:53:12 CET 2001

hallo list..
   i have run up against a problem getting gem4lin running on my linux box
    if anyone has any suggestions or ideas on how to get gem running this
     would be much appreciated................
  i have configured + compiled gem 0.84-6 on my mandrake box (8.0 on
   kernel 2.4.3) without error (after inserting the include string.h to
    several files), however when i attempt to load the library, i receive
     this error message on start...

--------------------
/home/dmotd/gem-0.84/Gem.pd_linux: /home/dmotd/gem-0.84/Gem.pd_linux:
undefined symbol: _ZN8GLTTFont12setPrecisionEd
/home/dmotd/gem-0.84/Gem: can't load library

 this error leaves me to assume that there must be something wrong with
  the gltt library.. yet i have all the dependencies required and am using
   gltt 2.5-1  + the devel package as recommended by someone on the list
    previously.. any ideas?

    thanks //[patrick]

ps.. i did attempt to compile gem 0.86.. but ran into some errors and
haven't tried it again since..