[PD] adc~, pasting, and documentation

Joseph Zitt jzitt at metatronpress.com
Fri Dec 28 06:56:40 CET 2001

On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 05:47:10PM -0800, Miller Puckette wrote:
> This is a good idea...  I'll try to find a solution for pasting that
> behaves better...

FWIW, the solution that I find most intuitive as a user (though others
may disagree) is that the pasted material appears in the same relation
to the cursor position in the window into which it is pasted that it
did in the window from which it was cut or copied. That is, for
example, if a region whose upper right corner was at x=100 y=200 while
the cursor was at x=150 y=250, when pasted into a window where the
cursor is at x= 350 y=450 it would appear with its upper right corner
at x=300 y=400. Unless I've bollixed up the direction of the
coordinates or something :-)

--
|> ~The only thing that is not art is inattention~ --- Marcel Duchamp <|
| jzitt at metatronpress.com           http://www.metatronpress.com/jzitt |