[PD] tables are dangerous (if renamed)

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Fri Dec 28 07:47:27 CET 2001

Yep, this (and previous crashes on renaming objects) ought to get fixed.
I'm leaning toward simply preventing users from renaming things from messages.
Perhaps the solution is to somehow detect whether a message is coming from the
GUI or from the patch, and to disallow certain messages to come from the
patch.

Self-deleting canvases are a more serious problem... I don't see any good
way to allow users to have patches delete other patches, but to prevent a
patch from deleting itself...

cheers
Miller