[PD] adc~, pasting, and documentation

Frank Barknecht barknech at ph-cip.uni-koeln.de
Fri Dec 28 11:11:12 CET 2001

Miller Puckette hat gesagt: // Miller Puckette wrote:

> This is a good idea...  I'll try to find a solution for pasting that
> behaves better...

My vote for a good paste location:

I would like to control, where pasted objects go.

What if the pasted object[s] would hang at the mouse cursor the way new
objects created with Ctrl-[1234] do? One could then place them where
appropriate. The problem with pasting in PD is, that PD doesn't have a
"real" cursor like text or audiofile editors have. And while text
editors with their cursors have a natural place for paste inserts, PD
doesn't have one.

To me the problem with the current solution is not only, that it is possible
to paste outside of the visible area, but more this: If I click into the window
after an unvisible paste, I unintendetly unselect the pasted object[s], which
could lead to a mess, if the pasted objects lay over objects, that were already
in the window.

I hope it is understandable, what I'm trying to say...

Ciao,
--
                                                 __    __
 Frank Barknecht       ____ ______   ____ __ trip\ \  / /wire ______