[PD] midi again

CK x at meta.lo-res.org
Mon Dec 31 15:45:05 CET 2001

hi,

thanks to greg I know how multiple midi devices _should_ work now,
but I experience a strange problem when starting pd with

-nomidiout -midiindev 5,6

I can trigger events from my master keyboard (/dev/midi04), but when
changing anything on the faderbox (/dev/midi05) pd spits out watchdog
msgs and has to be killed.

Strangely this also happens when I start it using -midiindev 5 only,
-midiindev 6 only -  as soon as I use the other device pd hangs.
If I use another app that connects to the second midi port before I
start pd both apps repond to midi events accordingly, no problems ...

BTW this is the very beta ediroland usb midi driver, so th bug could
well be there (I'll check this ASAP), pd is 0.35-test-4 with alsa.

is anyone having similar problems ?
anyone else using a usb midi interface under linux ?

regards,

and I might add a little (y65k compliant) happy_hangover (unsigned)0x07d2;

--
chris at lo-res.org	Postmodernism is german romanticism with better
http://pilot.fm/	special effects. (Jeff Keuss / via ctheory.com)