Fw: [PD] questions

Michal Seta mis at creazone.com
Fri Jan 4 21:46:23 CET 2002

> > If you start Pd with '... &', you get full control over
> terminal window.
> >
> I'm sorry, but I didn't understood. Can you give me an example
> of the
> command line?

this should work:
pd &

if you add any switches:
pd -alsa -r &

(ps.  I just realized, after reading the next question, that
you must be on the OTHER os.  I have no idea if the above
examples will work in THAT os).

> What I meant was if I could test the input into the program
from an
> internal
> source (like cd or wave out from media player). The question
> was how to
> connect both ends.

you can test a CD.  Put the CD in, press "play" and make sure
your sound driver preferences are set to be ready to "record"
from the CD output (usually there's a check box for that) and
this way you should be able to catch the signal with [adc~].
 However, that's not the same as using an external audio
source (line-in); on some systems the CD trick will work but
not line-in or mic-in or whatever.  But on the OS I assume
you're using you shouldn't have any problems with that.

to play .wav files within PD you can use arrays with
[tabread4~], [tabread~], [tabplay~] or simply with [sfplay~]
or [sfread~] if you have ggee (I believe).

HTH
./MiS