[PD] OSS working, no full duplex in PD

Ben Bogart - FMPM/F1999 bbogart at acs.ryerson.ca
Sat Jan 5 11:58:59 CET 2002

Well I'm finally back from the ALSA mailinglist. (I have since given up
and managed to get OSS working) So for the first time I get audio output.

now I'm having a problem with PD running in full dulpex. I get the
following message when I start:

/dev/dsp (readonly): Device or resource busy

this happens when run as root as well as a normal user. (so its not
permissions)

I can do audio out in this case but no audio in.

If in run pd -nodac

I get audio in and no audio out.

my OSS sndstat is:

Card config:
Ensoniq AudioPCI 97 at 0xe000 irq 10

Audio devices:
0: Sound Blaster PCI128 (DUPLEX)
1: Sound Blaster PCI128 (playback only)

Synth devices:

Midi devices:
0: AudioPCI97

Timers:
0: System clock

Mixers:
0: AudioPCI 97 (STAC9708)

I see here that audio device 0 is "duplex" and 1 is only for playback.
Is there a way I can force PD to use the first device? (assuming it's
stuck in playback mode because its using the second device.
(might have to do with modules.conf settings?)

Thanks all,

B. Bogart
---------