[PD] sfplay bug?

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Sat Jan 5 12:38:16 CET 2002

hi,

this is true, and the needed fix seems to be minor:  in sfplay_open()
move x->please_close = 0; outside of if(x->state != SFPLAY_WAIT) block.

But the sad story is this:  who is going to fix that?

And another, even more sad, story is this:  the above fix applies to
ggee/sfplay~, but since you refer to a tilde-less sfplay, it might be
you are talking about zexy/sfplay, which is slightly different (I have
not looked at zexy to check if this fix applies)?

Since sfplay~ is the one most badly needed external (at least for Windows
users), maybe it is time to clean up sfplay~ and incorporate it into Pd
proper (probably under a different name, to avoid confusion with much
more versatile max/sfplay~)?

Krzysztof