[PD] GEM + Nvidia

Johannes M Zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Tue Jan 8 19:36:36 CET 2002

> anyone out there using GEM with an nvidia card/drivers?
>
> I'm getting the "buggy dynamic loader" message when I start PD.
> "destroy"ing a gem window kills the xserver (goes back to console) if
> you are using nvidia and it works without this problem could you let
> me know your ld --version?

the problem with pd/gem shutting down the X-server is observed (by me)
only with the new nvidia-drivers (1.2313, at least these are the newest
drivers i have (bad) experiences with).
old drivers (1.1541) do work perfect.
unfortunately these old drivers do not seem to be available as
debian-packages (i do not know about other distros) any more.
(this is, why i have not updated my kernel for months...)

mfg.cds.adf
IOhannes