[PD] starting/stopping signal processing locally

Nicolas Lhommet nlhommet at netcourrier.com
Wed Jan 9 04:44:20 CET 2002

Hi all,

these days i'm working on a big patch that includes a lot of effects like
filters, waveform generation, distortion... in different subpatches.

Signal is processed for all the effects all the time, so I "unmute" the
output of the desired effects. But I just need combinations of some of them
at the same time. I mean signal is processed in some subpatches even when I
don't need them.

Is there any way to stop signal processing in some patches (for load
reasons) while I'm using the others  ?
Messages like dsp 1 or dsp 0 are global. Is there any local equivalent ? I
saw that start and stop messages for dac~ exist in MSP and enable or disable
signal in the connected objects "network".
I tought of closing and opening some sub-patches "on demand", but I think
clicks or glitches could occur on disk access.

nicolas