[pd] This MIDI-sequenser?

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Wed Jan 9 11:40:35 CET 2002

hi Jřrgen, hi Frank,

thinking there is no interest, waiting for Miller to do this properly
(or at least to give me a push), and hoping to improve things, etc...
I have not bothered to compile a public release of my sequencing
library.  I am using it for over a month now (although the projects
are quite specific), and it generally behaves well.

Since I do not use Pd on Windows, no idea if you will manage to get
it running, but anyway I have put a xeq.dll and a test patch
xeq-test.pd at suita.chopin.edu.pl/~czaja/miXed/externs/xeq.html.

The set of tools contained in xeq.dll is a group of externals, called
`xeq' library.  The externals are [xeq] `host' (sequence owner) and
its `friends':  [xeq_parse] (outlets are like midiparse outlets in
Max), [xeq_follow] (simple score follower), [xeq_data] (for drawing
a pianoroll) and [xeq_time] (a set of counters).  More to come.

Installation:  the best way is to use a -lib option, but it should
also run without this option, if you copy (or link on linux) xeq.dll
to xeq_parse.dll etc.

Any comments welcome, but please remember that this is not a release,
but only a snapshot built on a foreign platform...

Krzysztof