[PD] floating point soundfiles

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Thu Jan 10 12:27:59 CET 2002

hi Richard,

thank you!  You are right, it is better to conform, and to choose the
18-bit way in writing.  Checked Samplitude and WaveLab -- both properly
load 18-bit.  But upon storing, Samplitude always uses 16-bit, even
if the file was originally 18-bit.  WaveLab does not save float files
anyway.  And no matter if 16-bit, or 18-bit, ProTools is always happy
to report: ``This file is unreadable by ProTools''.

Krzysztof