[PD] Easy way to reload new versions of abstractions in a patch?

Larry Troxler lt at westnet.com
Fri Jan 11 02:22:42 CET 2002

Hi again, and again, sorry for being lazy in my research, but I find
that very, very, frequently, I have a patch loaded and am fixing bugs
(or enhancing or tweaking) an abstraction that the patch uses. The only
way I know of to test the changes in the abstraction, is to close the
main patch and reload it. Is there an easier way? Could there perhaps be
a "reload" menu item made that does this in one step?

I find it hard to beleive that this isn't a common problem - I mean,
refining and tweaking abstractions for me is a very frequent activity,
and unless these abstractions can be loaded on there own, there has to
be a main patch that drives them. This is especially true if the
abstraction has multiple instances - for example, if it implements a
single voice in a polyphonic instrument. So I suspect that unless I'm
missing something, everyone else must also be doing the
"close"-"file/open" thing on the main patch every time they make a
change.

Larry