[PD] Solved: ([realtime]) / delay box seems quantized to 10ms?

Larry Troxler lt at westnet.com
Sun Jan 13 03:18:01 CET 2002

Ahh, thanks everyone!

As it turns out, my problem was in my test patch, and [delay] does work
to the nearest 64 samples, as I verified by using a [tabwrite~] and
toggling values to [sig~]. I was lead astray by the use of the
[realtime] object to meaure the delay.

What happens, is that the realtime object measures exactly that (as we
would hope!). Hence that object *does* get blocked for what I assume is
the time between writing to the DAC, and the time the next output buffer
gets ready to be written. So, the PD application does have this jitter,
but that doesn't mean that the delay isn't correct, because PD messages
get activated not in real time but several times
(DAC-buffer-size/PD-block-size?) in the course of  generating an output
buffer to write to the DAC.

Hope I explained that clearly enough.

Larry