[PD] Anyone using pix_video under windows?

Jim Ruxton cinetron at passport.ca
Wed Jan 16 01:33:11 CET 2002

Hi Ben ,
I briefly tried pix_video under XP with a DV camera on firewire and didn't
have any luck either. Not sure if you saw this in the GEM FAQ.

7.6) What is wrong with pix_video in WinNT?
    I haven't completely figured out how to get access to the video stream
in WinNT.  I'm using Video for Windows with a Connectix QuickCam, as well as
an Intel Video Capture Card, and it seems to assume that you are only
writing to a file or previewing into a window.  Windows tries to take over
the system and doesn't really provide any stable hooks (unlike IRIX).  If
anyone knows how to deal with this, please let me know.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Jim