[PD] streamin~ and streamout~

Ben Bogart - FMPM/F1999 bbogart at acs.ryerson.ca
Thu Jan 17 00:48:24 CET 2002

Hello everyone,

I'm currently working on a project which would involve a shared audio
space between UK, France and Canada. I had some questions about the
LAN streaming objects in the ggext package.

In order to solve my 3 channel input problem I was going to record
audio on another machine and stream the audio data right into PD on
another machine. Both machines running PD under linux. Currently the
system will be using broadcaster to stream the audio live from the UK
and France here to Canada. Then the space will be assembled here and
streamed back to both sites. Is there any way to stream the audio from
a Mac computer running some normal and easy to find software (like
broadcaster) right into a PD/Linux machine? The system is now up to 7
computers just to deal with all the data paths. :(

One machine to recieve each stream, connected to PD via sound card,
One machine to stream the third audio stream into PD.
One machine each to stream audio back to UK and France.

If we could get a machine to recieve and send an audio stream at the
same time then that would be ideal. We have found no software that
does this with a live source at a reasonable quality from both MAC and PC.

So any suggestions?

Oh the original question was, am I to expect any problems using
streamin~? It would be an extremely important link in the system...

Thanks everyone!
Ben

B. Bogart
---------