[PD] stuff

jmmmpl at netcabo.pt jmmmpl at netcabo.pt
Thu Jan 17 22:24:28 CET 2002

Dear list,

I had several questions to put:
- which is more expensive to the cpu to connect the main patch to a
subpatch, the send/receive pair or a the cable/inlet?
- related to the first, is there any place where is mentioned the expense of
each object, and a comparation between objects?
- one thing I noted (in windows), only the horizontal position of the
objects interferes in their order of processing (from l to r). Does in linux
the vertical position counts as well? (like in max)
- one command that I couldn't find (that exists in max) is the counter. Then
I made one of my own, which I include here (although a bit basic, I think it
works). I hope it might be useful for someone. Does anybody know if there is a public library, where people can add and download utilities (like this) or other more "serious" stuff?

João Miguel Pais