[PD] Anyone compiling externals with Dev-C++ IDE??

Krzysztof Czaja czaja at chopin.edu.pl
Sat Jan 19 16:22:51 CET 2002

hi,

I think it is better not to use vc projects for building, but rather
directly invoke nmake, preferably running a batch file.  This could
be a generic batch, which would contain at least ``set PATH=...'',
``set INCLUDE=...'', ``set LIB=...'', and ``nmake''.  Then, what
may come handy is associating a .pif file with the batch, in order
to extend environment space, set a working folder etc.  Finally,
there need to be (in a working folder) a simple makefile, just like
the one in doc/6.externs.

Krzysztof